The green pastures, doted by rocks and screes, offer to the hickers such a fascinating show: marmots warm their red fur at the sun, alpine ibexes and chamois flutter about from one rock to another while the quiet stream flows down the valley… there is so much to see in summer…
Such a beautiful season
Those activities are proposed as suggestions and are not offered by our agency. Consult the Tourist office for any further information.
- For an easy walk in a preserved setting, discover la Réserve Naturelle de Tuéda, 10 minutes away from Mottaret centre. Botanical path, restaurant of the lake, pasture farm where Beaufort cheese is produces, fly-fishing and Refuge du Plan… come discover one the most pleasant walks of the valley. Accessible to animals with a lead.
- Great hiker? Les Allues valley, in which is located Meribel-Mottaret, is one of the “commune” of Vanoise national park. Lacs de Mont Coua, Glacier de Gébroulaz, Col du Soufre, Col de Chanrossa… all these names will actually mean something to you after walking through the first national park created in France.
- To admire the summits without efforts, you may use the lifts to reach the top of la Saulire (2738m) or Tougnète (2400m)
- Walks and activities: follow La Truite ! This famous ski slope linking the centre of Mottaret to La Chaudanne transforms into a pleasant walk in summer. Follow Doron river and its thematical “along the water” path, look at the mountain bike riders on the wood modules and try climbing the artificial wall!
BY (MOUNTAIN) BIKE…
- Train just like a Tour de France competitor on the greatest Savoie climbs! How long will it take you to reach Meribel-Mottaret from Brides-les-Bains or Moutiers? The only way to know is to get a chip, climb and see the results on the internet! For more information, contact Meribel Tourist office.
- Méribel hosted the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Finals back in 2004 and the Trial World Cup final in 2013. Since then, the resort equipped itself with a decent bike park: 8 DH tracks, 9 enduro tracks, 3 XC tracks, 4 lifts + ski buses with bike’s trailer, 3 bike wash stations, un after-bike area and 4 bike patrols dedicated to the upkeeping and safety. Plus d’informations ici.
- The Coeur équestre des 3 Vallées welcome you at Bois d’Arbin, between Mottaret-centre and La Chaudanne for lessons and rides in the valley. Discover their site.
- Golf amateurs are going to be thrilled! At the Altiport, dominated by Dent de Burgin, Meribel Golf course offers an amazing panorama and a quality green for both begginers and experts. Information here.
- And for all the family, Mottaret hosts a crazy-golf!
IN THE AIR
- To enjoy the best possible view of the valley, get high! The tranquility and breathtaking sceneries in paragliding.
- Push a bit further and fly over Tarentaise valleys and even Mont Blanc (4810m) from Meribel Altiport.
- Wander around the tree tops with Meribel Adventure park, in Bois d’Arbin, between Mottaret centre and La Chaudanne.
ON THE WATER
- For stronger sensations, think about rafting, hydrospeed or canyoning. Confront to the white waters of Doron de Bozel or Isere rivers. With your friends, family and even with children!
AND THERE’S MORE !
Cultural and heritage activities
- A cinema in Mottaret, and one in Meribel, some of which are in original language (look for the movies with “VOST”= Original Version with Subtitles)
- Auditorium in Méribel with music shows, plays etc.
- Painting exhibition and sculptures all along the season at the Tourist Office in Meribel.
- Les Allues museum and the library,
- Discover the Baroque churches of Tarentaise,
- House of the Natural Reserve in Lac de Tuéda with exhibition,
- The Raffort sawmill: history of wood crafting in the valley (thematic trail)
Do something different!
- Get around the 3 Valleys or Mont Blanc in a small plane (a must-do!)
- Spend a night in a mountain refuge. 2 of them are located above Les Allues: (eco-refuge du Christ, refuge de la Traie). In Mottaret, le Refuge du Plan is located at the end of the Tueda plateau. And in Vanoise National Park, Refuge du Saut, renovated in 2013, host up to 25 people.
- Covered swimming-pool with great water slide,
- Fitness centre and spa of the Olympic Park in Meribel,
- Solarium and many terraces are waiting for you,
- Most of the hotels of Meribel valley now have spas. Contact them.
- Many bars with terraces for an apéritif, the French way,
- Restaurants and Snacks to suit all tastes,
- Night Club and Bowling at the Olympic park.
- Sport gears, prêt-à-porter, decoration, presents, bookshops…
- Méribel Mottaret hosts 3 commercial centres : the one in the centre, the one in Chatelet and one in Laitelet (Hameau).
- Free buses run all day long to Meribel centre.